One thing that poison centers always warn about is not to store chemicals in anything other than the original child-resistant container.
Unfortunately, a 5-year-old girl in Texas is fighting for her life after drinking pesticide stored in a water bottle. She thought it was juice.
Thankfully, doctors expect her to recover.
Take some time to check the chemicals in your home. Make sure they are in their original, child-resistant containers and locked up out of the reach of children. And be sure to call your local poison center at 1-800-222-1222 if anything happens.
Read the KRGV-TV article here: Officials Warn About Keeping Chemicals in Regular Water Bottles.
The American Association of Poison Control Centers supports the nation’s 57 poison centers in their efforts to prevent and treat poison exposures. Poison centers offer free, private, expert medical advice 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We take calls in more than 150 languages and from the hearing impaired.
For questions about poison or if you think someone has been exposed to a poison, call 1-800-222-1222 to reach your local poison center.