The 2013 National Poison Data System (NPDS) Annual Report is now available. It’s a comprehensive look at the cases managed by the nation’s poison centers over the course of a year. The staff at the AAPCC central office put together a shorter, more user-friendly summary with graphics for the public and poison prevention educators. We call it the “Poison Center Data Snapshot” and it’s available here. It answers the following questions:
- Who calls the poison center?
- When someone calls the poison center, who answers the phone?
- About what kinds of things do people call the poison center?
- When do people call the poison center?
- Where do the most poison exposures occur?
- Why do people call the poison center?
Interested in more detailed poison center data? Visit http://www.aapcc.org/data-system/.